As the regulator and developer of the profession, MIA’s expertise lies in accountancy and the developments disrupting accountants.
Forensic investigation and fraud analytics are a key area of expertise for accountants. But this area too is being disrupted and improved by technology.
This Conference zooms in on the current and future technologies and best practices that organisations can adopt to improve fraud detection and forensic accounting functions, one of the most challenging yet exciting areas for accountants today.
Highlights of the MIA Forensic Investigation and Fraud Analytics Conference
After attending the sessions, you will:
- See how embedding data analytics in accounting functions enables tracking of a large number of transactions in real time, which facilitates forensic tasks and fraud analytics. This session brings together the real-world expertise of former Axiata Group CFO Chari TVT, HK Polytechnic University law professor in the School of Accounting and Finance Cho Chi Kong and Hazimi Kassim, Group Chief Internal Auditor, Telekom Malaysia Berhad.
- Understand the current landscape of cyber risk, the hazards, and the perpetrators (including state-sponsored actors) and the geopolitical events catalysing cyber fraud. Theo Nassiokas, Director, APAC Cyber & Information Security (CISO), Barclays International, Singapore is uniquely qualified to talk about this.
- Get insights into how organisations can embed blockchain into accounting functions to fight fraud and improve forensic analytics. Don’t miss this session moderated by Abdul Fattah Yatim, Chairman of the National Standards Committee on Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies, Malaysia.
- Understand the scenario for implementing fraud-focused data analytics in your organisation and be introduced to new methods of utilising Data Modelling, by experts in artificial intelligence and analytics from Axiata.
- Build effective fraud alert systems that utilise virtual platforms: mobile, e-systems, social media, and e-currencies, better Know Your Customer (KYC) and flagging processes and reporting methods. See how these can improve your Digital Trust Index score to increase stakeholder and customer confidence. Get insights from leaders like Jim Roberts, Group CISO, Retail Banking, Private Banking & Wealth Management, Standard Chartered Bank and Scott Paxton, Global Finance Centre Controller, Baker Hughes, a GE Company to improve operations in the Malaysian context.
The Forensic Investigation and Fraud Analytics Conference takes place on 20 August 2019 (Tuesday) at the Connexion Conference & Event Centre @ Nexus, Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur. The Conference carries 8 CPE hours and is HRDF claimable. To register, contact Fara at 2722 9194 or email to [email protected]