Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced today that the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) which was originally scheduled to end on 12 May 2020 has been further extended until 9 June 2020.
In line with this announcement, MIA will continue with its plan to resume counter services and reopen its office premises with a minimal number of staff, as stated in our previous announcement to Members on 4 May 2020. Please note that counter services and minimal operations in MIA Headquarters and the Johor Regional Office will resume on 12 May – 9 June 2020. However, the Northern, Sabah and Sarawak Regional Offices will resume on 13 May – 9 June 2020.
To continue supporting the Government in its efforts to control and contain the spread of COVID-19 while adhering to its call to minimise the movement of people, and taking into consideration of the safety of our staff and members, MIA strongly encourages its members and other stakeholders to liaise with the Institute online unless absolutely essential to visit its office premises.
Guidelines and SOPs for Visitors to MIA Offices
MIA’s counter service will resume to attend to matters that cannot be dealt with online as part of our ongoing support to members and other stakeholders. Minimal internal operations will be conducted in all the MIA offices (Headquarters and Regional Offices) during this period. Other services will continue to be provided remotely.
To ensure the safety of our visitors, MIA will implement stringent SOPs as set by the Government and approved by MIA’s management as follows:
- Visitors are required to make an appointment prior to coming to MIA’s offices in order to limit the number of people present in the offices at any one time.
- Visitors are also required to complete the health declaration form before entering the MIA office. (HERE)
- Physical appointments and meetings are subject to the approval of the MIA management and must comply with all social distancing and sanitisation protocols.
- Temperature screening will be carried out for all visitors before they enter the offices. If their temperature is high (37.5° C) or they present COVID-19-like symptoms (such as cough, sore throat or shortness of breath), MIA will advise them to go to the nearest clinic. They will not be allowed to enter the offices.
- To observe strict personal hygiene practices including wearing masks, practising social distancing and sanitisation.
MIA will continue to closely monitor the situation, maintain close communication with our stakeholders, and will notify members of any future developments. MIA would like to advise all members to comply with the CMCO and to practice stringent health standard operating procedures. We would also like to advise all our members who are employers to adhere to the relevant laws and regulations stipulated under the CMCO.
MIA continues to offer support through its various digital channels, including e-updates, e-Accountants Today and Social Media which provide essential resources, updates and guidance, including relevant information pertinent to our members and stakeholders. Members are also encouraged to engage with the Institute via the MIA Telegram Channel. To join in the MIA Telegram Channel, please download Telegram using the Android Google Play or Apple Play Store to set up an account. Once the account is set up, please click on this link below to join the MIA Telegram Broadcast (Official) channel: https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAFZbVqeUw2BQ9pvuhg.
For further information, our team will continue to be contactable via online channels. We thank you for your understanding and patience during this time and we hope that everyone will stay safe.
The MIA team is contactable via online channels as follow:
CPE Audit: [email protected]
Complaints: [email protected]
CARE Programme: [email protected]
General Enquiries: [email protected]
Membership Matters: [email protected]
Member Firm: [email protected]
Practicing Certificate: [email protected]
Professional Development: [email protected]
Qualifying Examination: [email protected]
Technical Enquiries: https://member.mia.org.my
#STAYSAFE #ACCOUNTABILITY #INTEGRITY
Dr Nurmazilah Dato’ Mahzan
Chief Executive Officer