Good governance is a hot topic nowadays with the government emphasising on Competency, Accountability and Transparency to address the decline in public trust, while the private sector too has to up its governance game to enhance reputation and global competitiveness.
However, good governance flourishes only in a supportive ecosystem. This high-level Symposium suitable for decision-makers, Board members and those charged with governance (TCWG) aims to discuss the latest governance developments and regulations geared towards the ongoing development of a healthy governance ecosystem.
The Symposium has lined up the following programme:
- ASIAN CORPORATE GOVERNANCE ASSOCIATION (ACGA) CORPORATE GOVERNANCE REPORT WITH A MALAYSIA FOCUS – which gives an overview of the regional corporate governance landscape based on ACGA research, incorporating survey findings from the Malaysia CG Report, plus insights on current corporate governance trends and practices in Malaysia.
- CYBERSECURITY GOVERNANCE (PANEL SESSION) – which covers the Board’s obligation to develop, implement and maintain a cybersecurity governance framework, including running a Cyber Governance Health Check.
- OPEN SOURCE LEADERSHIP: GOVERNANCE PERSPECTIVE – a new counterintuitive model for leadership that rewrites the rules of management for the modern business world and questions traditional management dogma.
- DIRECTOR’S FIDUCIARY DUTIES AND EMERGING LEGISLATIONS (PANEL SESSION) – assesses the impact on directors and their companies arising from the new Section 17A on Corporate Liability in the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) Act 2009, which was gazetted in May 2018. The applicability of Sections 210, 251, 591 & 592 of the Companies Act 2016 will also be examined.
- UPHOLDING GOVERNANCE THROUGH INTEGRATED REPORTING – how and why Boards should implement the international integrated reporting framework in order to articulate their governance, reach out and gain trust from the owners of capital and investors.
The Governance Symposium in collaboration with the Malaysian Institute of Corporate Governance (MICG) takes place on 7 March 2019 at Hilton Petaling Jaya. For further details, please contact Fara at 03-27229194 or [email protected]
Enrolment for all CPE programmes will be STRICTLY VIA ONLINE REGISTRATION.