Bewildered by the many confusing tech solutions out there? MIA makes it easy for businesses to plan and implement tech solutions by bringing you a one-stop conference on tech transformation geared to finance and accounting professionals – AccTech 2019.
AccTech 2018 was one of our most popular and well-received conferences in 2018, giving accountants an exciting introduction to technology. MIA also launched its Digital Technology Blueprint, a pioneering guide for technology adoption for the accountancy profession that has been referenced internationally and helped establish MIA as a wellspring for technology adoption best practices. Indeed, MIA is proud to note that IFAC has recognised our role in digital enablement for the profession, and connected the Institute to help advise emerging markets such as Brazil on their own tech adoption issues.
For 2019, MIA has lined up even more exciting contents to help accountants leverage technology for high-octane business performance.
At AccTech 2019, you will:
- Learn about the latest technologies specially geared to finance and accounting effectiveness
- Understand the skillsets and mindset change needed for finance tech transformation
- Enjoy superb value-for-money as we bring you SEVEN plenary sessions and several break-out sessions over two packed and fast-paced days.
- Rub shoulders with technology leaders leading the Malaysian wave of digital disruption.
AccTech 2019 Highlights
- Keynote Address by YB Tuan Eddin Syazlee Shith, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Communications and Multimedia Malaysia – understand the policy direction for technology that can potentially affect the business landscape
- Plenary 1 focusing on MIA’s Technology Innovation Agenda and Milestones – MIA CEO Dr. Nurmazilah Dato’ Mahzan explains how MIA is driving technology adoption and innovation for the profession to ensure accountants’ relevance and value creation for business. As accountants become more digitalised, this will also enable MIA to use technology to better regulate members and enhance the profession’s governance to better protect the public interest.
- Plenary 2 exhorts organisations to build a road map for digital transformation. This is a vital foundation to ensure efficient and effective tech adoption that fits the organisation’s business purpose.
- Plenary 3 shows businesses how to adopt the latest mobile accounting trends and tools to enable work from remote locations and offsite. Going mobile lets people work to different schedules for better flexibility yet makes work hyper-efficient.
- Plenary 4 strips away the hype around blockchain and explains how businesses can realistically apply the technology to make accounting and records more transparent and efficient, befitting their own unique business models.
- Plenary 5 looks beyond big data analysis ( BDA ) to cognitive analysis, which delivers insights into vast datasets with minimum human support. See how accountants and finance professionals can make the jump from BDA to cognitive analysis to provide improved advisory, make better financial decisions and achieve growth objectives more efficiently.
- Plenary 6 focuses on cyberresilience and cybersecurity, key skill quotients for accountants as they handle high-value commercial data and sensitive financial information daily. Understand how you might inadvertently compromise cybersecurity and look into the key measures to maximise data protection.
- Plenary 7 looks at the missing link – skills building to mould tech accountants to be able to integrate technology and finance to lead sustainable business in the digital economy.
AccTech 2019 also enables one-stop access to vendors and IT solutions providers who will explain the latest developments and solutions that address your business’ pain points. These include:
- Tech solutions for sharing financial information between departments, which can eliminate the risk of one small error compounding to create serious problems down the line, thus necessitating corrections that waste valuable resources and company time.
- Customer centric accounting and cash flow management solutions that save costs and improve efficiency by combining multiple interactions at customer level instead of at each subsidiary level. Empower customers and internal sales teams to engage via the web or mobile for e-Invoicing, e-Statements and online.
Don’t wait. Make a date with AccTech 2019 to accelerate your tech transformation journey.
AccTech 2019 – Advancing Tech for the Next Generation will be held from 8 to 9 July 2019 (Monday-Tuesday) at Nexus Bangsar South. The Conference carries 8 CPE hours and HRDF claimable. To register, contact Marti/Lynn at 2722 9163 / 9112 or email to [email protected].