We wish to share with members the essence of the Prime Minister’s announcement today, MIA’s recent statements as well as FAQs and resources from the other relevant authorities on Covid-19 and the Movement Control Order for members’ information and update.
PRIME MINISTERS’S ANNOUNCMENT TODAY
Following to the Economic Action Council meeting held today, the Prime Minister announced the following measures to lessen the burden of the rakyat and improve the wellbeing of frontliners and the people:
- Malaysians below the age of 55 will be allowed to withdraw RM500 per month from their Employees Provident Fund (EPF) accounts for 12 months to support purchases of food, utility payments and other necessities.
- Government to provide RM500 million to the Ministry of Health (MoH) to support procurement of ventilators, PPE, lab facilities and other critical essentials. Government to provide RM100million to MOH to hire an additional 2,000 contracted workers, mainly nurses.
- RM130 million to be provided to state governments to help small business owners, victims and families and also civil servants involved in assisting with the crisis of Covid-19.
- Deferral of monthly payments for PTPTN education loans for 3-6 months up to 21st September 2020.
- The National Security Council will continue to monitor the situation, and it will decide in due course if there is a need to extend the MCO further beyond 31 March.
For further details on the press statement, click here.
STATEMENTS ISSUED BY MIA RECENTLY
- STATEMENT ON COVID-19 MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER – Click here
- UPDATES ON FINANCE – ESSENTIAL SERVICES CLASSIFICATION FOR MIA MEMBER FIRMS UNDER THE COVID-19 MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER – Click here
- MIA CONFIRMS ONE STAFF TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 – Click here
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs) & RESOURCES FROM OTHER AUTHORITIES
The Institute will continue to closely monitor the situation, maintain close communication with regulators and notify members of any future developments.
DR NURMAZILAH DATO’ MAHZAN
Chief Executive Officer