We wish to share with members the essence of the Prime Minister’s announcement today, MIA’s recent statements as well as FAQs and resources from the other relevant authorities on Covid-19 and the Movement Control Order for members’ information and update.
PRIME MINISTERS’S ANNOUNCMENT TODAY
Following to the Economic Action Council meeting held today, the Prime Minister announced the following measures to lessen the burden of the rakyat and improve the wellbeing of frontliners and the people:
- Malaysians below the age of 55 will be allowed to withdraw RM500 per month from their Employees Provident Fund (EPF) accounts for 12 months to support purchases of food, utility payments and other necessities.
- Government to provide RM500 million to the Ministry of Health (MoH) to support procurement of ventilators, PPE, lab facilities and other critical essentials. Government to provide RM100million to MOH to hire an additional 2,000 contracted workers, mainly nurses.
- RM130 million to be provided to state governments to help small business owners, victims and families and also civil servants involved in assisting with the crisis of Covid-19.
- Deferral of monthly payments for PTPTN education loans for 3-6 months up to 21st September 2020.
- The National Security Council will continue to monitor the situation, and it will decide in due course if there is a need to extend the MCO further beyond 31 March.
For further details on the press statement, click here.
STATEMENTS ISSUED BY MIA RECENTLY
- STATEMENT ON COVID-19 MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER – Click here
- UPDATES ON FINANCE – ESSENTIAL SERVICES CLASSIFICATION FOR MIA MEMBER FIRMS UNDER THE COVID-19 MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER – Click here
- MIA CONFIRMS ONE STAFF TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 – Click here
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs) & RESOURCES FROM OTHER AUTHORITIES
MAJLIS KESELAMATAN NEGARA – Click here
RESTRICTION OF MOVEMENT ORDER- Click here
LEMBAGA HASIL DALAM NEGERI – Click here
BANK NEGARA MALAYSIA- Click here
SURUHANJAYA SYARIKAT MALAYSIA- Click here
SECURITIES COMMISSION- Click here
KEMENTERIAN KESIHATAN MALAYSIA – Click here
KEMENTERIAN SUMBER MANUSIA- Click here
PERKESO FAQs on Employment Retention Program- Click here
KEMENTERIAN PENDIDIKAN MALAYSIA (KPM)- Click here
KEMENTERIAN PENGAJIAN TINGGI- Click here
KUMPULAN WANG SIMPANAN PEKERJA- Click here
MENTERI PERUSAHAAN PERLADANGAN DAN KOMODITI- Click here
KEMENTERIAN WILAYAH PERSEKUTUAN- Click here
KEMENTERIAN PENGANGKUTAN MALAYSIA- Click here
KEMENTERIAN PERUMAHAN DAN KERAJAAN TEMPATAN- Click here
KEMENTERIAN PERDAGANGAN ANTARABANGSA DAN INDUSTRI- Click here
KEMENTERIAN PERTANIAN DAN INDUSTRI MAKANAN- Click here
KEMENTERIAN SAINS, TEKNOLOGI DAN INOVASI- Click here
JABATAN PENDAFTARAN NEGARA- Click here
PERINTAH KAWALAN PERGERAKAN: PERKHIDMATAN PERLU DAN BUKAN KEPERLUAN UTAMA- Click here
KEMENTERIAN PERPADUAN NEGARA- Click here
KEMENTERIAN PERDAGANGAN DALAM NEGERI DAN HAL EHWAL PENGGUNA- Click here
MyXpat EXPATRIATE SERVICES DIVISION- Click here
IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT MALAYSIA – EXEMPTION OF SPECIAL PASS FOR FOREIGNERS IN MALAYSIA- Click here
IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT MALAYSIA – IMPLEMENTATION PROCEDURE FOR LAND & SEA CHECKPOINTS- Click here
The Institute will continue to closely monitor the situation, maintain close communication with regulators and notify members of any future developments.
DR NURMAZILAH DATO’ MAHZAN
Chief Executive Officer